Splash FM Website of the Day, 1st August 2005. Be Impressed.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

OK Computer Week: UMass Drumline & Brad Mehldau.

UMass Drumline – Paranoid Android.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My idea was to post cover versions in the order they appear on the album but I have again been thwarted by the inferior quality of my brain. I don’t know how I could have forgotten about this track by students at UMass (or The University of Massachusetts to us suspicious foreign types).

Credit has to go to UMass Drumline mainman (also called Thom – Thom Hannum) for the incredible arrangement. It’s almost enough for me to forgive them for playing at the inauguration of Ronald Regan (twice) and George W. Bush (in 2001) – almost.



UMass Front Percussion Ensemble – Paranoid Android from here

Visit UMass Drumline’s website



Brad Mehldau – Exit Music (For A Film)


On the other hand, I find Brad Mehldau much more forgettable. This track and his version of Paranoid Android have been doing the rounds on the audioblogs recently and Xanax Taxi did a much better write up than I could do (here and here).

You can watch a video for this and download other stuff on Mehldau’s website

Brad Mehldau – Exit Music (For A Film) via not for profit
Hint: add ".mp3" to the end of file name when saving.

Buy The Art of the Trio Vol.3

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Woodshed said...

Thanks Drumman. And thanks for linking to WL97 on KAA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home