Splash FM Website of the Day, 1st August 2005. Be Impressed.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Dario G – Sunchyme.

You were promised shit and I don’t intend to let you down.

Given the trashy Euro-disco flavour of this track and the name Dario G, I had always assumed Dario G was one of those bleach blond, perma-tanned European guys. Turns out this is home grown tosh.

Dario G main man Paul Spencer was born in non-sunny Nantwich and had previously been keyboard player in Monaco (the side project of New Order bassist Peter Hook). The band was named in tribute to football manager Dario Gradi. If you ever go to a pub quiz it’s worth remembering that Gradi is the longest serving manager in the English football league.

Usually, you are under strict instruction to delete tracks you get from here within 24 hours. I don’t think that’ll be an issue with this track. In fact, a prize for anyone who can sit through the full eight and a half minute original version; a bottle of this perhaps.

I’d like to make it clear that I had to borrow this CD from a friend. Everyone who tells you I have a copy, that it’s my favourite record and I kiss it each night before going to sleep obviously has me mixed up with someone else.

Dario G – Sunchyme (Radio Edit).

Buy Sunmachine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home