Splash FM Website of the Day, 1st August 2005. Be Impressed.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Insania...



Dinosaur Jr. - I'm Insane
Dinosaur Jr. - Nothin' Goin On

1997 eh!
For me 1997 saw the end of an era....
Dinosaur Jr. finally called it a day and released their last album "Hand It Over", although to be honest they weren't really the old Dinosaur Jr. since Lou Barlow and Murph left the fold and left J. Mascis to twiddle all the knobs and get people in to work with....
But if you're going to get people in to work with you, why not aim high and go for half of My Bloody Valentine...
Which is exactly what J did for this album, it was also recorded at My Bloody Valentine Studios....
And my god does it sound great.
Hand It Over is not my favourite album of theirs... that honour goes to 1987's "You're Living All Over Me", but it's a pretty bloody close second.

Let's Rock


Buy - This wonderful Album is no longer readily available...(Why the hell not?) So might I suggest a trip to ebay.
Visit - J. Mascis

Simon
x

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Spoilt Victorian Child said...

Have to admit it gave me a chill just writing his name.....
Sorry bout that Hannah...:)

Simon
x

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Woodshed said...

Hey, leave off the Andre. Isn’t he having a bad enough time of it as it is? He’s has to sleep with Jordan, the poor lamb.

He won three Smash Hits awards in 1997: least fanciable male, worst haircut and loser of ’97.

That reminds me. We’re supposed to be posting the ‘shit’ from 97 as well. Expect Dario G and R Kelly. Stick that up your Paranoid Android.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home